Thursday, February 21, 2013

Zipline

Hey Friend,

When friends come over to my house, I jokingly tell them to sign in with their initials in the dust on my coffee table.  I may not be the world's tidiest housekeeper, but I can cook!  The other day I was actually dusting and I stopped to gaze at a gorgeous framed picture from my family's wonderful trip to a piece of paradise in Kauai. 

What an imaginative playground God has given us.  My daughter and I snorkeled close enough to reach out and touch the huge, graceful sea turtles and were amazed at the coral reef teeming with colorful fish only God could have dreamt up.  How you could see all that and not say there is a God, I don't know?

In a brave moment, I decided to be daring and go ziplining through the rain forest canopy.  The first joke was that they gave me a helmet to wear that wouldn't do diddly if I fell hundreds of feet to my certain death below.  I was harnessed in with a matrix of belts and buckles.  Then came the best part...I was hooked up with a single cable to this other zipline cable that would take me whizzing (perhaps literally) over the "Jurassic Park" landscape below.

I looked at that one wire that was going to get me from here to there and I thought, how many times in my life have I felt as if I were just barely hanging on by a thread; by a single wire??  When despair and trials hit, that one line seemed tenuous at best.  But...

That line is our life line.  It is God's hand reaching down and grabbing hold of us.  Even when we can't hold onto Him, He holds onto us. Thankfully, God's hand is strong and mighty.

"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and who says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." (Isaiah 41:13)

"You are always with me; you hold me by my right hand..." (Psalm 73:23)

The promise of God's presence limits how far down you can go!!

God also provides a safety net below with his loving arms.  I call that net I AM WITH YOU.  Though I may dip down God promises:

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." (Isaiah 43:2)

When I realize that God is with me, my perspective changes.  I have confidence in that one line, my life line, holding me.  I know He will hold me and never leave nor forsake me.

And so....I let go... zipping through the trees with the sun on my face, I know He is with me.

Love,
Bev

ps.  If you are holding on by a single thread right now, know that I am praying for you!  You matter!  Feel free to confidentially contact me if you have a specific prayer request: bevduncan103@yahoo.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really LOVE to hear from you!! Your thoughts, opinions, suggestions and prayer requests mean a lot to me.