Saturday, February 20, 2016

Welcome A New Voice - Guest Post

Hey Friend,

One of the great things about writing and blogging is the wonderful people you meet out there in the blogosphere!  I have been extremely blessed to get to know my friend, Lisa, who is new to the blogging world, but I have been so encouraged by her and inspired by her story of grace in the midst of extreme trials.  Circumstances that would have left others bitter and resentful, have redefined true joy for Lisa. 

Knowing her story helps you appreciate her writing...

Meet Lisa - she is a 51 year old wife and mother of four grown sons who has lived in Connecticut for 25 years.  She and her husband are "empty nesters", but she adds that anything can change in a heartbeat.  She loves living by the shoreline and taking long walks on their beautiful beaches when she's able. 

In 2010, Lisa contracted viral meningitis as well as shingles.  The combination of the two viruses have wreaked havoc on her central nervous system and she's been left to deal with the fallout of many complications.  Among the worst of many neurological symptoms, are the severe migraines which have become chronic. 

Lisa has begun to journal her journey as she is trying to learn to adapt and accept her "new normal".  She wishes to offer HOPE to others who are currently undergoing their own HARD as she calls it.  Everyone suffers, and it is what we do with our suffering that really matters. 

Her blog, entitled "Embracing Grace" shares her story with openness, honesty, and of course a dose of humor for good measure.  She's no stranger to having wrestled with God and feels as though God is calling her to a vocation of "ordinariness".  Her days are lived more simply and quietly as she has learned to be less of a do-er and more of a be-er. 

I can testify to Lisa offering hope and encouragement to me as well as other pilgrims along this journey of life. 

I invite you to click here or paste this link to your browser http://lisaembracinggrace.blogspot.com/2016/02/out-of-darkness-and-into-light.html


Hop with me, won't you, over to Lisa's place and leave her some lovin' in her comments section...

I'll be back next week. In the meantime...

Be blessed...


ps, Exciting things are happening with Redeemer Christian Foundation, Inc.

With guns, you can
kill terrorists,
With education you can
kill terrorism.
Malala Yousafiai

Join us at the "MISSIONS" tab to see how we are fighting terrorism with love and hope...

22 comments:

  1. You're so right, Bev ... it's those that have done time in the valley who best lead us forward. Thank you for introducing a new friend. How rich this blogging world has become for us ...

    Warmest blessings for a sweet weekend, friend ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thank you for welcoming Lisa so warmly. I love the friends, like you, that I've found here in this blogosphere!!
      Blessings and ((hugs)) to you,
      Bev

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing Lisa with us! Looking forward to reading more of her journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbie,
      You are so sweet! Thank you for hopping over to Lisa's place and offering her some loving!!
      Blessings,
      Bev xx

      Delete
  3. I love meeting new friends and you are so gracious to share Lisa with us. You and I know how wonderful this online blogging community is because we love and share encouragement with each other. That's what keeps me going. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary,
      Thank you for being your gracious self and welcoming Lisa!! I love our online blogging community and the encouragement we all find there. I wanted to introduce Lisa to this too! Thanks for your sweet words...
      Blessings,
      Bev xx

      Delete
  4. What a kind gesture to introduce Lisa to all of us! I'm on my way over...Have a wonderful week, Bev. Oh...and those sweet Valentine faces you shared, be. still. my. heart. Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      Welcome sister NC girl!! I love Wilmington! Thank you for popping over to Lisa's!! Yes, the sweet smiles on these kids who have seen so much tragedy and despair still brings tears to my eyes!! Thanks for the encouragement...
      Blessings,
      Bev

      Delete
  5. Bev, so generous of you to share your space with another warm voice! Heading over to read further!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele,
      People were so kind to me when I was just getting my start...just wanted to pay it forward. Thanks for heading over to Lisa's. So good, as always, to have you here!
      Blessings,
      Bev xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Bev- I'm new to your blog, and found it from #livefree thursdays over at Suzies blog. So glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon,
      So good to have you here...welcome!! It's always nice to meet a new friend out here in the blogosphere!!
      Blessings,
      Bev

      Delete
  7. Lisa's story's overwhelmingly hopeful. Such warm story.
    Thanks so much fr sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lux,
      I love your name by the way!! Thank you for reading and leaving some loving on Lisa's blog!! We all need a little inspiration!
      Blessings,
      Bev

      Delete
  8. Hi Lisa, I'm going over to read Lisa's Story.
    God Bless and thanks for featuring Lisa on your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ifeoma,
      You are so dear...thank you for being such a warm and welcoming presence to Lisa!!
      God bless you,
      Bev xx

      Delete
  9. Love how we all come together in this community! Thanks for introducing us to Lisa and for sharing at Testimony Tuesday, Bev.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly,
      Yes, I wanted Lisa to meet all of you wonderful women out here!! Due to her symptoms, she is homebound a lot and I thought that she would love sharing the friendships that I have made.
      Blessings,
      Bev

      Delete
  10. Thanks for generously opening your space to a new blogger here, Bev. I'm glad to know Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betsy,
      Thank you for being YOU...I know your comments will greatly encourage Lisa!!
      Blessings to you this day,
      Bev xx

      Delete
  11. Bev, Thanks for sharing Lisa's story through #livefreeThursday! Happy to be neighbors today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Micah,
      Hi neighbor...so glad you're here! I appreciate you stopping by and hopping over to Lisa's place!
      Blessings,
      Bev

      Delete

I would really LOVE to hear from you!! Your thoughts, opinions, suggestions and prayer requests mean a lot to me.